Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow booting

• Please log in to reply

kalinbridg

kalinbridg

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I'm new to Geeks. I need some real help. I got my Dell Inspiron 8200 early end of 2003. Now, it takes forever to boot and forever to log off. I literally go to sleep when it boots and logs off. I just doctored it with spyware, trojan, AVG and all that route. still no change. what can can i do to make it work faster? can someone help me? or should i feed it to the sharks??

Edited by kalinbridg, 14 October 2005 - 08:03 PM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hey kalinbridg! Welcome to G2G!

Please take at look at this link and follow the steps for removing malware from your computer. If your computer is still slow after doing all the steps indicated, then please post a HiJackThis log in the Malware Forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to THIS thread and we will consider other options to help you solve your problem.

Good luck!

Fenor

kalinbridg

kalinbridg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Thank Fenor, U r my very first help. U r a Gee. I did the malaware yesterday but did not post the HiJackThisLog. think i should do it again and post this time?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
If you already followed the steps in the first link I provided, then go ahead and post a HJT log in the Malware forum using the second link I provided.

Fenor

kalinbridg

kalinbridg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Ok then.

kalinbridg

kalinbridg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi Fenor, i have the hijacklog. do i post it on this same page where i type?

kalinbridg

kalinbridg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
thanks. i'l do that.

Edited by kalinbridg, 14 October 2005 - 08:37 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
No, please edit out the log from your previous post in this thread and post a NEW TOPIC in the Malware Forum

Fenor

kalinbridg

kalinbridg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
i just did posted on the malawar forum. does my PC still have a chance?

kalinbridg

kalinbridg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
i just did posted on the malawar forum. does my PC still have a chance?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Trust me, if the problem can be solved the guys in the malware forum will get it done. They are absolute geniuses. :tazz:

Fenor

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi kalinbridg...

If it runs at all, it has a good chance. I'm going to sneek a peek at your log to see what all you have running...

wannabe1

kalinbridg

kalinbridg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
thanks for doing this wannabe1. i just hope it is redeemable. good what you are doing for little children..just read it on you profile. keep it up.

kalinbridg

kalinbridg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
u just tickled my fancy fenor! let's hope my PC comes back to life. it's so bad...recently, i can't sustain a ten minute pc to pc conversation on skype...i lose communication every 9th minute and would have to redial before i can continue for another 9 minutes...and on and on and on. frustrating!

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
*deleted* post in wrong topic, lol senior moment at 28. :tazz:

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 14 October 2005 - 09:00 PM.