Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New setup, latest games crash sometimes total freeze pc...

• Please log in to reply

truewraith

truewraith

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi,

Got
nvidia 6800 GT,
and 3200 64 chip
with nforece MB
Also 768 ddr ram

I have been playing latest game i bought ie black and white 2 and age of empires 3, also eq2 now every now and then i crash on eq2 sometimes with a very loud distorted noise total comp freeze, other games just flake out at random times can be hour before they crash soemtimes, just wondered if anyone can please help me on this problem.

Regards

ps someone said i might need to turn off smart fan setting or sumit, but dont see how that will help

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Have you updated the video card and sound card drivers to the lastest drivers that are out for them?

Fenor

truewraith

truewraith

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
tbh m8, i have latest nvidia drivers for g card, but not sure if got right sound drivers as they come with nforce package drivers dont they?

thx for reply also

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi

What mobo is it?
What ram do you have? List the specs for each stick if different
What psu?

List your temps with the computer at idle for 15 minutes.

Rick