Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Slow comp startup/shutdown

• Please log in to reply

Triggerr_Happy

Triggerr_Happy

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Ok I am pretty new to these forums, but yes I have tried everything, norton antivirus, TorjanHunter, Registry Mechanic, Webroot Spysweeper, CWShredder, Cleanup, and even the Tweaks posted at the top of this forum.. Got any ideas what may be slowing my comp down?

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
If you have tried my tweaks, and your computer is still so maybe you are infected.

Has you computer always been slow? and how much Ram do you have?

Since I think you are infected can you please post in the Malware Forum Make sure you read the tips up the top especially the CLICK HERE

EDIT: I see you have posted in the malware forum, please wait till they say you are clean then come back here.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 15 October 2005 - 07:19 PM.

Triggerr_Happy

Triggerr_Happy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Ive got 256 MB of RAM, and no my computer hasnt always been this slow. It takes about ten minutes to log me on..

Also, they are just ignoring my topic in the malware forum.. and i still have the Trojan.Vundo virus..

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Triggerr_Happy...

How long ago did you post in the Malware Forum? They are pretty busy in there and usually start with the older topics. Have you replied to your own topic? If you have, they may think you are being helped when they see the topic has been relied to.

wannabe1

Triggerr_Happy

Triggerr_Happy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
no i didnt reply to my own topic, and i posted it on 10/14
I guess ill just wait? :tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Triggerr_Happy...

If someone hasn't replied after 3 days, you can post a reply to This Topic. They run a couple days behind in there all the time, but are doing the best they can.... :tazz:

wannabe1

Triggerr_Happy

Triggerr_Happy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
ok ill do that.. cuz i dont think anyones gonna see my post anymore. I just checked and its on page 31/56 :-p
thanks wannabe