Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CoD / PunkBuster

• Please log in to reply

Pviscome

Pviscome

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having major problems with Punk Buster on Call of Duty. I have v1.5. I have read all the other posts about this problem and have followed all the suggestions to the tee and I still get "kicked via Punk Buster. Restriction: Inadequate O/S Privileges". What does this mean? What can I do to fix this problem? HELP!!!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
are you an administrator on the system?

shftbll71

shftbll71

• Pip
  • 2 posts
yes i am the administrator and still i get the same thing. inaddaquite o/s privileges.

omgpleasehelpme

omgpleasehelpme

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys I could really use some help. I'm quite ignorant when it comes to stuff like this, but I just got a new comp today with Windows Vista. And when I'm playing CoD2 on a Punkbuster server, I get kicked with a message that says "RESTRICTION: Inadequate O/S Privileges" What does this mean and how might I be able to fix it? Thanks!!!

Matt

ruffets

ruffets

• Pip
  • 1 posts
If u r using vista when starting the game right click on the game icon and select "run as admin" should do tha job

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
also make sure your punkbuster is updated.

see: http://www.punkbuste...age=pbsetup.php