Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

To Fenor

• Please log in to reply

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Dear Fenor,
Thank you so much for the help yesterday. I updated my audio and VIA chipset successfully and as you can see the driver date for my display dated back to 2001 so I still don't know how to update that.
I captured a popup by Ad-Watch, everytime I login to my account it comes up at the beginning, I've been choosing the "Accept" option. Could you give me some advice on this?
Image attached.
Cheers

[attachment=4290:attachment]

Edited by chinofeliz, 15 October 2005 - 08:06 PM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
hey chinofeliz!

WDM_SPLITTER1 refers to a registry setting for your audio card, you should be able to just click the AUTOMATIC button on the popup you are receiving and it shouldn't appear again.

Fenor

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Oh thanx Fenor. What about the display driver then? Is there no hope for my graphic update? :|

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Unfortunately I can't think of anything else to do for your graphics card. We've tried drivers from two different places and and none of them worked. :tazz:

Fenor

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Thanks so much Fenor, I think I'll probably need to update the graphic card itself soon... :tazz: Thanks so much for your help :)