Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP DVD Writer 400c HHHEEELLLPPP!

• Please log in to reply

Thieving

Thieving

• Pip
  • 5 posts
[size=3]Hi,
I bought new dvd-r disk for making my own dvds with my computer. i bought 16x dish because they were on sale(penny pincher). And after i opened them it said i might have to get new firmware to support writting to 16x disks. Well I do.Iv searched google and hp.com and no luck. i tried to use them anyways but it says please put blank disk into drive. :tazz: I cant take the disks back and i want to make my dvds can anyone help me

Advertisements

Thieving

Thieving

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
[size=7]any1

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
It sound like you are using a DVD+R/RW drive and DVD-R disks. Try using DVD+R disks. Using the wrong DVD format dose cause this error.

Also don't reply to your own topic, most of the time I look for 0 replied posts, like most other staff here.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 16 October 2005 - 03:35 AM.

Thieving

Thieving

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Also don't reply to your own topic, most of the time I look for 0 replied posts, like most other staff here.

sorry bout that :tazz:

I have used both -r and +r disks before.
There was a notice on the package that said to upgrade your firmware from 8x speed to 16x speed in order to write to these disks. So far i have been unable to find such firmware.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
What package?

If your DVD drive can only do 8x no firmware will help, try slower DVD.

Thieving

Thieving

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
this is a card that came with the 16x speed dvd-r disks, it says "the new 16x dvd-r disks may not be operational in your drive/recrder unless the drive/recorder firmware is up to date. The firmware upgrade does not increase the speed of your drive but all ows you to record on to the disks.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I still think you should use other disks, but to update you firmware for you DVD drive go

Start < Control Panel < System < Hardware and click Device Manager

Look for IDE controls are something similar, expand it and right click ever entry and press update driver.

Hope This Helps

Thieving

Thieving

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok i did what you said but its tryiing to find an update thats already on my system. i need to find an update that on the internet. but all i can find is the 8x speed update notthe 16x one

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
When it starts to look it asks you if you what to look for an update on Windows Update, say yes to that. Have you looked on the manufactures web page for one?

Other wise I am starting to think that the update dose not exist.