Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

deleting search history

• Please log in to reply

Frank101

Frank101

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I have spelled numerous things worng when researching for past school projects. I usually use google so its's got a lot of, not exactly sure of the name, but options to click on to search for quicly that drop down when i start typing something or click on the blank whit ebar on google.

i deleted all my internet history, cookies, and temp. internet files, im pretty sure i did any way, and still it has those auto fill in choices for the google bar.

I'm using firefox if that matters and i have windows xp.

thanks for the help

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Ok

Go to tool-Internet Options-Content-Autocomplete and clear the previous history and uncheck them if you dont want it to do so in the future.

Does that help ? :tazz:

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Or if your using IE just hover over them and press delete!

Frank101

Frank101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
sorry no help, they are still coming up it the drop down menu when i start typing. this is really annoying for me since i like to find things i've searched for in the past but cant remember exactly what i serched, there are just too many options.

and i am using mozilla firefox as my default browser, and i have run a full clean up (the program) with every optioned clicked.

Frank101

Frank101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
nope those didnt help i can't belive no on e on here knows or has helped yet.???

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I did some exploring in Firefox, and I think I found what you are looking for. I have never had this problem myself and I have been using Firefox a long time now. See the top of your brower, tools menu. Go to tools, options, click on the Privacy "padlock". Then see "saved information" click on the +, and then remove the check at "save information...." You can also tweak the rest of security settings here, like saving passwords, history etc, all of which I suggest you do not allow any browser to do.