Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer Problems-Windows 98SE

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Of late having problems with Hewlitt Packard Deskjet 540. Realize it is older printer, but please advise if help available.

Printer when prints photographs shows horizontal lines across image. It used to do it before but when I re-inked with kit from Korectype the problem would cease. I have been advised by computer store that head is wearing down, but they've been wrong before.

However, lately it has been not able to print more than one page clearly. If I remove cartridge and shake it it will print a few more pages and I am wondering if the jets are plugged and what solution there could be. Be advised that this printer is a second hander and the cartridge was almost empty when I got it.

I replaced the printer with another HP product, a newer version of Deskjet. I reinked the cartridge and when I installed printer and tried it nothing would print. Same store told me that newer printer was reading that the cartridge was still empty. Is this true?

Please advise.

Thanks to all for past help.
:tazz:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I am betting that the cartridges that you had refilled, or 're-inked' in your words,' is what is causing the problem. How long did the cartridges sit while they were empty before you refilled them? It is possible that some ink has dried completely and therefore cannot push ink out properly.

Fenor

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Not sure how long cartridge was dry, but the newer printer may not have been as dry.

Anyway I would like to know how to run cleaning on newer printer. Can't seem to get any info off HP web site.

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Take a look at this link - it explains a few things and offers a few suggestions:

http://www.atlascopy.....20out nozzles