Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Data Execution Prevention

• Please log in to reply

faN2k

faN2k

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey,
I have som problems when I open my 'Movie' folder with movies in it.
Everytime I open that folder I get this error up:

Posted Image

Because of this error, I can't do anything in this folder. But I found out that this thing protects my computer for possible virus, or files that contains virus. But I know these files is free for virus, and I don't want that ugly error to show up again.

Posted Image

Its: Right-click on 'My Computer' - 'Properties' - And you see the rest on the picture.

Well, I got some friends with the same operating system, and the error don't show up on their computers.
And they have this setting on 'DEP' - (Data Execution Prevention):

Posted Image

And with this setting on my computer, I would get the error. Therefor I tried this:

Posted Image

And with that setting I fixed the problem :) ... I thought. The error didn't show up, but after a few days it showed up again. :tazz:

I also read the topic here: "errors when opening folders containing avi's" , but the avi_crash.zip thing wouldn't work for me.

I hope someone here can help me with this problem. And I tried to explain my problem so good as I could.

Tnx, Jonas Lillefoss - faN2k

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi faN2k! Welcome to G2G!

First off I have to say that is an incredible display of showing us what the problem is and what you have done to try and fix it! :tazz:

But one thing I would like you to do, is click on the CLICK HERE blue link in your first picture when the error occurs. Then click on the Technical information in the next window that appears and show us the names of the 2 files that are causing the error. This will help us to help you solve this problem.

Fenor

faN2k

faN2k

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Do you mean this?

Posted Image

Edited by faN2k, 16 October 2005 - 07:05 AM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Yup that's it

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 16 October 2005 - 07:11 AM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Check out this link. It is the only thing I have been able to find to try and help you since you said the avi_crash.zip file didn't work. Maybe something said on that link will work...

Keep us posted!

Fenor

faN2k

faN2k

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Yup that's it

Fenor

N1, but what am I going to do with that file? :tazz:

faN2k

faN2k

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey Fenor:

Iĉm from Norway, and I'm a member in a Norwegian Gaming-Community Forum. And a guy there fixed my problem :tazz: And it's was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EASY!!!!! The deal was:

Open a random folder, change 'Views' so it's NOT 'Thumbnails' , f.ex 'List'
Then click 'Tools' -> 'Folder Options' -> 'View', and click on 'Apply to All Folders' .

I had 'Thumbnails' and that was the whole problem. But anyways, thanks for helping me.

Jonas Lillefoss - faN2k