Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Boot problem

• Please log in to reply

FroSwe

FroSwe

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey!

My computer froze when I was working with it and now it won't boot at all. Only the power turns on when I try to boot it, nothing appears on the screen, not even bios, no connection with the screen and I can tell that windows is not loading even if I cant see anything. I have replaced the graphic card but it didnt help and I have unplugged CD-drives, HDD, sound card, network card without any results. I can't hear any peeps from the motherboard.

What do you think is the problem, is the motherboard broke??

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You've about eliminated everything but the motherboarad, the memory and the power supply, which may be bad even if it supplies some power. If you have another PSU you may want to substitute it, and take out one memory card at a time to see if that might be the cause.

BTW what board do ou have? Sometimes there are particular problems with one type of board.

FroSwe

FroSwe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have changed motherboard and memory. Now I can enter BIOS but I can't enter windows, it wont even start in safemode. BIOS finds the harddrives..

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Did you hook the hard drive back up?

FroSwe

FroSwe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes it finds them in BIOS..

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
is it frezzing and stays their and dosnt move on boot up or are you getting a message telling you to do somthing?

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
is it frezzing and stays their and dosnt move on boot up or are you getting a message telling you to do somthing?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you switched motherboards but kept the same hard drive...it's not gonna boot unless it's the exact same model of motherboard...xp doesn't play well when switching boards