Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help =(

• Please log in to reply

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Nope..Lol..I'm fifteen.. which means my room is like.. yeah.. give me a little longer :tazz:

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Take a look at This Information

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Ohnoes.. No SES button
Should I use the link they offer to do it manually?(below step 3)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Give it a shot.

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Heh.. scratch that, for those instructions it says:

"My Linksys wireless router or access point supports SecureEasySetup™ (SES), but my wireless adapter does not. How do I set up my wireless connection and wireless security?"

Neither do, for me. =/

Edited by Oniketsoku, 27 October 2005 - 03:19 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
You need to find that software, Oniketsoku...grab a shovel and dig into that room! (I have a fifteen year old daughter so I can imagine what your room is like!!! :tazz: )

I've got to step out for a bit...probably about an hour. I'll check back when I return.

wannabe1

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
All right =) Thanks for replying to my topic :) I'd probably find that software in an hour.. :tazz:
Regards
~Oni

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Sorry.. still searching..jeez.. :tazz:
(Sorry, I have like 250 game cases scattered everywhere, and meh, I'll post back asap, I'm sorry)

Edited by Oniketsoku, 27 October 2005 - 04:29 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Oniketsoku...

Did you ever get a cd burner working? (what's wrong with it? maybe we can get it to work for you.) If not, I would suggest getting a friend to follow the instructions below to burn you a cd. At this point, you really need the utilities included with the software for your card.

Download the Driver from This Page. You'll need to extract these files and then copy the entire folder WMP54Gv4_20050503 to a cd. Put the cd into your machine, open that folder, and double click on Setup.exe to start the Installation Wizard.

wannabe1

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Wooo! Found it, just now.. (In 'Mortal Kombat: Deception,' Imagine that..)
But yeah, the Burner works, but the software..is really.. confusing @_@

Edited by Oniketsoku, 27 October 2005 - 05:12 PM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Good Job!! :tazz:

Now run it! The wizard should get you connected.

Keep me posted on your progress. When we're done, I'm going to walk you through backing up your registry so you will have a good restore option next time something happens.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 27 October 2005 - 05:21 PM.

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Okay :) Should I run scanreg and restore my computer to like, 9/8? (closest I have, seems to be about the time I got my first somewhat GFX driver, but no internet connection[signal]. I saw the WLAN Monitor[receiving no signal] though in the systray when I restored it to that point momentarily, which i think means the software is installed. When I hypothetically restore it to that point, should I: take the card out, uninstall the software, install the software, then put the hardware back in it?)

Just making sure :tazz:
~Oni

Edited by Oniketsoku, 27 October 2005 - 05:30 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Let's do a virtual uninstall of the hardware...

Right click My Computer and choose Properties. Click the Device Manager tab and scroll down to Network Adaptors...click the + to expand the catagory and right click on your wireless card. Choose "Remove" and click "Ok" and then "Ok" again to exit Device Manager.

Reboot your machine...when (if) the "Found New Hardware Wizard" comes up, cancel it and install the software for your card from the cd...just follow the prompts. Let me know how it's going...I'll just hang around.

wannabe1

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Should I do that like, the way it is now? Or restored back at 9/8/05? :tazz:
~Oni

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Don't restore. I think we'll be better off working foreward rather than going back.