Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Luna Theme dont work !

• Please log in to reply

Keyser Soeze

Keyser Soeze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey i did some bad boots the otherday and now im stuck with safe mode "theme". Luna wont work.

I have tried to DL it again and replace the old one and it wont wrk.

In services.msc "Themes" are on automatic as it should.

I dont know what to try next, any tip??

Thx!

ps i read somewhere that SP 2 should fix this, i have SP1 atm. Any truth in this? ds

Edited by Keyser Soeze, 16 October 2005 - 10:03 AM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello Keyser Soeze...

It would be a good idea to install SP2 anyway if only for the security issues that it addresses. If it doesn't fix your theme problem, download This File from Kelly's Korner. When you extract the files, make sure they are extracted to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes and that they overwrite the files currently there.

wannabe1

Keyser Soeze

Keyser Soeze

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
"I have tried to DL it again and replace the old one and it wont wrk."

Tried that and it wont wrk.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Keyser Soeze...

Are you being prompted to "Overwrite" or "Replace" the files already in the folder?

wannabe1

Keyser Soeze

Keyser Soeze

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
"Replace"

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Keyser Soeze...

Extract the downloaded files to a new folder on the desktop.

Navigate to C:\Windows\Resources and right click on the Themes folder...choose "Rename" and rename that folder Themes_old.

Open the new folder on the desktop, double click the Luna folder, right click the Themes folder, and choose "Copy". Paste this folder in the C:\Windows\Resources folder and try to change the theme as you normally would.

wannabe1

Keyser Soeze

Keyser Soeze

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I think i did like that the first time not sure.

I did remove the old "Resources" map a while ago allso :tazz:

Any way when i did it this time, it didnt wrk right away so i tested to boot. But when i did this the screen just gets black when the login screens should show. So i had to go into secure mode and boot again to get in where i am now :)

Still the same error msg when i try to change.

Edited by Keyser Soeze, 16 October 2005 - 04:12 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
That's odd...

Try this REPAIR to your installation of XP. This procedure will not damage or change your current files or settings...it will just repair or replace damaged system files. You will be asked for your Installation CD and may be asked for your product key. Follow the instructions carefully...print them out if you can. Note: This option is not always available on OEM Recovery Cd's

If you have an OEM CD and the repair option is not available, please post back with your system info.

wannabe1