Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Performance Decrease with Dual Moniters?

• Please log in to reply

Largo

Largo

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I was wondering if using two moniters effected the performance of the video card, while playing games.

Edited by Largo, 16 October 2005 - 07:33 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
it shouldnt....it's basically just a port splitter....though...it depends on the setup i guess..if you extend your desktop across to the other monitor and you are wanting to play 2 windows of the game at once..i would think that that would slow it down..but if you have the same image displayed on both m onitors...it should be fine..i used to play mech warrior with two monitors so that my friend could watch (he would always sit over my shoulder and be like..."no no no shoot that no this no that") so that he wouldnt bug me

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah it depends on the setup if it is a standard split like you have for projectors and the like then no as dsenette said it wont affect performance as you really only have one monitor its just being shown twice, if you actually want to have two full desktops then yes it would affect perfprmance depending on the way the second monitor is set up this will vary if the other is just a desktop with a low res so you can see what musci you are playing when on a game or to have another window of text open to read it wont be too significant a difference but if you are playing a game on both or over the two screens then you will notice a drop in performance.