Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows vista ultimate editon help!

• Please log in to reply

spencer9812

spencer9812

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
well when i push f10 it does nothing the next screen i push recovery consonle and ive tried it like 3 times

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Time to call HP and have them send you a CD. They've got to do that after losing a class action lawsuit requiring them to provide you with one. That's the good news...the bad news is that there is not much I know of that will help you until you get the disk from HP. Sorry :tazz:

wannabe1

spencer9812

spencer9812

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
its ok thanks ill tell u right away when i get it

spencer9812

spencer9812

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
they said its gonna cost like $22 we said bag it

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Have a look at this Procedure.

wannabe1

spencer9812

spencer9812

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
i got it fixed so i dont need anymore help on this topic

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
spencer9812...Good to hear :tazz:

Just out of curiosity...how did you fix the problem? I'd sure like to be able to help others who may find themselves in a similar situation.... :)

wannabe1

spencer9812

spencer9812

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
actaully i fixed it temporary! when i first installed it and couldn't access control panel or windows explorer or like my computer i downloaded windows xp pro from torrentspy.com but when i tryed to install it it said that it cannot install on this system. so i had no other choice but to reinstall windows vista i did and now i can access Ie and control panels and my computer. When i push f10 on the blue screen and doesnt go to system recovery it just goes to boot screen with some operating sysems. When i called hp asking for a installation disk he said it was going to cost $22. i think there was a misunderstanding becuase i told him i never got one! should i recall hp and ask again or should i try to boot in windows xp now that i fixed windows vista.

Edited by spencer9812, 26 October 2005 - 08:19 PM.