Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

----->FreeRAM XP Pro 1.5<------

• Please log in to reply

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
By YourWareSolutions, a very usefull tool to balance ram usage and speed...especially for those people who need all the ram that they can get. Here is the link:

FreeRAM XP PRO 1.5

I dont think u need XP to have this software as they have various versions... Look around on the site...

:tazz:

Good Ram Saving every1 :)

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Personaly I would not use those programs to free up ram, if you want faster computer there is a lot better thing you can do. With that you have to do it every time you start up your computer. Just not worth it.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
These programs do what they say on the tin but they work by pushing unused stuff out of the back of the memory.

So if you have a Word document loaded, leave it a while to go surfing and then this tool kicks in, when you go back to your document you'll have to wait a while while Windows loads both Word, your document and Windows' own routines to draw the window.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
That is very true too. Windows dose that to some degree as well, turn you computer on and leave it for a few hours and you will notice that it takes ages to get up and running at the normal speed. As I said their are a lot better things you could do, have a look at Easy XP Tweaks to see what I am talking about. My computer which is fully functional starts in 24 seconds, rather good I think. Those programs also have to be in RAM, with is a minor slowdown.

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Sorry but ill have to disagree on some of the things:

1) It works fine with me and it doesn't "steal ram from other programs" with me.
2) I need it to prioritize my ram for gaming...so that most of it goes into the game and so it doesn't lag. (and it works :tazz: )
3) Your right that windows if left alone for sometime will go slower as soon as you go back... :)

Im sorry i disagreed, maybe for you guys it does that but for me...im using it 100%... (and it doesn't any cpu)