Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which one of these Video Cards is better?

• Please log in to reply

Conezone

Conezone

• Pip
  • 5 posts
SAPPHIRE Radeon X850XT 100103-RD Video Card - OEM $ 365

or

SAPPHIRE Radeon X800XL 100116SR Video Card - Retail $359

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
the 850 usually its a faster card, but if its just the basic 850 with 14 pipes the odds are pretty even between the two, i got an x800xl maself but it was alot cheaper by about 60-70 quid than the 850s at the time, the new atis are out and the new mid ranges will be about the same price as the x800xl and x850xt in a bit so look at them they are pretty good cards.

Conezone

Conezone

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

the 850 usually its a faster card, but if its just the basic 850 with 14 pipes the odds are pretty even between the two

This one has 16 pipes so does that mean it beats the 800 easily eventhough the 800 has 512mb of memory? I was interested in getting the 512mb becasue Im using a 1600x1200 monitor and I heard more memory is better for that.

new atis are out and the new mid ranges will be about the same price as the x800xl and x850xt in a bit so look at them they are pretty good cards.

Which ones do you mean? Do you have the names or a link? Thanks.

Chumara

Chumara

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Ati just came out with their x1000 family its amazing and with thenew crossfire technology I am saving up my money for a crossfire x800 so yeah I'm pretty sure he meant the x1000's check them out at ati.com. As for which of those two are better I'd go with the x850xt hands down, even though the memory is less that does not affect your performance that much they will both hit 1600x1200 if your monitor will. The x850XT is faster and has uses 16 pipelines so it is the better choice for playing games.. the only reason i'd get the x800 with more memory is for video editing more of a workstation kind of card.