Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to uninstall XP Professional (PC2)

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Top of the morning, Dean...

To remove ALL the information from the drive and perform a clean install of the new software, it will be necesary to delete the existing partition and then create and format a new one. You did everything fine up to that point. Try again only this time delete the partition that is currently on the drive. :tazz:

wannabe1

Advertisements

Dean Khatuddin

Dean Khatuddin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi Wannabe

Sorry to ask...

I follow back the same process. Insert The XP Home and reboot and on back the Lap Top?

How can I do the clean install?

Do I need to delete all the partition and creat a new one?

I do not have a partition magic...is this going to be a problem?

I already register the new software to Microsoft....is there any problem if I reinstall it again? I worried it will prompt me to buy a new software or indicating I have previuosly installed the XP.

Sorry to ask all this silly questions.

Regards
Din

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Dean...

The only thing silly about a question is not asking it... :tazz:

Go to the link below for instructions on how to delete you partitions and install XP...scroll about halfway down the page to the instructions in the blue box. You will need to delete any and all partitions on the drive. The Windows XP installation disk will do all the partitioning and formatting, you don't need any third party software.

http://support.micro...id=1173&sid=312

You won't have any problems activating your software with Microsoft as long as you are installing on the same machine.

wannabe1

Dean Khatuddin

Dean Khatuddin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Good Morning Wannabe,

THANK YOU for guiding me through the process. I manage to removed and deleted previous software + installed all legitimate software (XP Home, Office and others).

The only question is I can't restore the back up file. I back up through NERO CD Burner but now the software does not carry restore point.

I tried to look into START---->ALL PROGRAM---->ASSESORIES---->SYSTEM TOOLS......but I not able to find BACK...

Why is that so?

Can I restore the back up using other method?

Regards
Din
:tazz: :) :woot: :woot:

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Are you trying to restore using Nero or the MS Backup program?

I see you used Nero to to back up, but you say the software does not carry a restore point; restore points are used by the MS Backup and restore program, with Nero, you should be able to "browse" for your CD and find your backup files.

Dean Khatuddin

Dean Khatuddin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi there,

I back up using NERO but not able to restore using NERO because there is not such folder in NERO indicating restore point.

How can I find it or solve it

Regards
Din

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
browse for the location of the restore point/files

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts