Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

aim video

• Please log in to reply

stonehedge

stonehedge

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i was using AIM video it was working connecting with a mac user. Audio was going on and off over long intervals. Tried to unistall and reinstall. Now I get an error message "an upgrade is needed for aol instant messenger live video The upgrade will download the component, exit aim, run the installer and then restart aim." I do this and then it tells me this updated version is already on the computer. i go back in to try video feed again and it gives me the same message upgrade is need. i tried deleting all aol and aim programs in add/delete programs and reinstall but end up in same situation. Is it emmbedded and I do not see it? I am running in circles and aol/aim support is useless. Help!!

Thanks

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
no idea. sounds like you tried all the logical suggestions. have you updated your sound drivers? check your sound configuration (control panel, sounds and apps).