Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

messed up call of duty

• Please log in to reply

helphelphelp

helphelphelp

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I don't know what I did but for some reason call of duty united offensive single player is messed up on my computer, the guns make differant noises than originaly and the stance icon is green but red when i sprint, the machine guns make one long zipping noise instead of the original pitter-patter, and my least favorite of all these messed up problems are the sniper doesnt have crosshairs, its as if im looking through a spotting scope so i have to guess where the middle of the screen is and put that on the target :tazz: :) :woot: I think i might have accedentily downloaded something wile downloading new maps for multiplayer but i dunno please help

-confused,frustraited,call of duty fan

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
sounds like you may have downloaded a mod that has affected that. if you have then delete that pk3 file and you should be ok.

helphelphelp

helphelphelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
where do i go to delete the pk3 file?

IAIN -Y-

IAIN -Y-

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
you are better off

uninstalling them both (COD and CODUO)

then if the folder is still there delete that

c drive, program files, call of duty

it is coz of a mod download

helphelphelp

helphelphelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
:) I C ok and hopfully that will also help my multiplayer problem, thx again youve been a huge help :tazz:

Venum_53

Venum_53

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I got a problem with Call of Duty UO, when i try to start up Single Player it says this "Error- unknown effect type 'bullet_small_normal' and somthing about long range impact. Could ya help me figure this problem out?

:tazz: :) :woot:

helphelphelp

helphelphelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
srry venum dunno

helphelphelp

helphelphelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
well i got both of those undowloaded and redowloaded and it worked! ty so much, now to solve my multi player problem that is still sayin that after redowloaded :tazz: