Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

moniter wont turn on

• Please log in to reply

shotgun

shotgun

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Yesterday my computer got messed up. My brother did it. well anyway he plugged the moniter in to the back of the computer and the screen was frozen because it was turned on. he restarted the computer and it said keyboard not attached . he plugged it in and restarted the computer and now it wont show any of the screen when it starts up. And when it starts up it makes 3 beeps.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Off the top this doesn't sound good because static electricity may be involved. Try another monitor, and try another computer on that monitor so you can isolate the problem. Just hooking the monitor to the computer shouldn't normally cause this.

shotgun

shotgun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i have hooked the same moniter up to a different computer and it works just fine.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
That can be the graphic card not seated properly, or upset by the way the monitor was connected

Can you get anywhere in safe mode

shotgun

shotgun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i would try if i could. nothing comes up on the screen even when you turn the computer on.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check at the motherboard manufacturer's site for beep codes

Switch the PC off and also the power switch on the back of the tower, or unplug if there isn't one, leave it a minute and plug in, make sure the monitor is on standby, boot the PC