Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Iwon.com homepage won't remember my User ID [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

cbt131

cbt131

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I just had a 2 week long bout of spyware, malware etc and successfully removed it and got my PC back to normal~~ or so it seemed. I have run Sbybot, ad-aware, Hijack This, and have added WinPatrol and spyware blaster to my programs.

My iwon.com homepage keeps "forgetting" my log in name and every time I visit the page I have to log in again. It seems like it won't retain/keep my cookies? My other pages that I visit repeatedly, like Geekstogo, NYTimes, Bank of america, and some other message boards have no problem and I visit each time and am logged on.

Any ideas on how to correct this? thanks.

Edited by cbt131, 27 March 2004 - 07:18 AM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Hate to break it to you, but iWon was probably responsible for much of the spyware that was on your system. The spyware programs you've installed are preventing iWon from installing it's tracking cookie on your computer. A tracking cookie works with partner sites to track your movement on the Internet.

cbt131

cbt131

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I guess it is time to change my homepage Huh?

thanks

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.