Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

XP & Registry Cleaners

• Please log in to reply

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I have said in the past that registry cleaners were largely unnecessary with XP because the OS can tolerate bloat. There are some exceptions to that blanket statement, and Fred Langa explains the schools of thought well. Fred is a respected tech writer, and he compared some of the top registry cleaners, and offers his opinion of the ones that are useful and which ones are not. He also shares his thoughts on why and when registry cleaners should be used, what to expect from them, and what the risks are.

I have been reading the LangalistPlus for a few years, and I learn something useful or interesting in each issue. The searchable archives are a wealth of information. If you are not already familiar with Fred Langa, check out the Langalist.

for grins and giggles, check this page everyday:

For Fred's diagnostic Browsertune: check your PC.

(Yes, I am a Fred Langa fan...Excuse the plug, but I hope you enjoy his work as much as I do)

Edited by Johanna, 16 October 2005 - 10:05 PM.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Thanks for posting that :tazz: I think it is a great explanation of what Reg Cleaners to use.

I still think that it is best not to use one, they cause to many problems.