Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton 2003 AV and IS

• Please log in to reply

woody1977

woody1977

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Can someone please help me with getting rid of Norton on my machine, It will run out in about 1 week or so. I know it will keep me protected for everything that it has been updated for. It is a pre-installed edition, I could format the hard drive and get another 6 months for free, but it takes that long, and by all accounts AVG looks as though it is superior anyway??

I realise that I have to go to the Norton site to uninstall it, but is it the same for a pre-installed edition??

Any help as always very much appreciatted :tazz:

woody

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It will be the same for any edition

You may need to use symnrt if add / remove does not work

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Go offline, install your new AV protection, uninstall Norton from add/remove, go online and bleed your new AV for updates. If Norton is your firewall too, replace it ASAP, and keep your XP one on until you have your new choice installed and enabled. Yes, there will be Norton leftovers in your registry, but they shouldn't hurt anything.

Johanna