Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

re-installing win98se

• Please log in to reply

shaz

shaz

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
hi there

I'm trying to re-install win98se, my floppy wont work so I went and made a new boot disk and still it wont work, i keep getting same msg saying "Invalid System Disk, Replace the disk. I have opened both floppy disks and looks like everything is there in good tact, is it maybe something else wrong rather than the boot disks??????????????????????????????????
:tazz:

Shaz

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
You need to make sure that the BIOS is stepup to boot form the Floppy first. To do this you need to press on of these F1, F2, F10, DEL during POST. One of them should get you in the BIOS, then you need to use the arrow keys and highlight something called Boot, Startup, or something close to these. Under that should be something like 1st Boot, 2nd Boot, and so on to 4th Boot. Change 1st Boot to Floppy or 3.5 Disk 2nd Boot to CDROM 3rd Boot HardDrive. To change these you need to use the Arrow keys, Enter key with the Arrow keys, + or - keys. Sorry for not being able to help you step-by-step, b/c all BIOS are different. Hope that this helps.

Edited by DHooper, 10 January 2005 - 08:39 AM.

shaz

shaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
yeh i done that andstill dont work