Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Open window doesn't close...

• Please log in to reply

crybaby

crybaby

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I am unsure what the problem is, but, when I open a program, and then close it, the window stays open (although it is no longer running according to Windows Task Manager). Then when I try to move the window out of the way, it acts like an eraser on the screen. I know this isn't normal. I just removed a trojan.vundo virus from my pc this weekend. Could this have something to do with the problem? Please, any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and cooperation. -Crybaby :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The Malware Team will deal with this

Please go here:

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum

This is to check you have removed the virus successfully

If it takes all the icons and the taskbar with it, press ctrl + alt + del keys together and you should get task manager, if so, click file, new task, type explorer.exe then press enter

crybaby

crybaby

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I was hoping not to bother them again for a while! HA HA! Thanks for your advice! Am going there now! -Crybaby