Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express error on sending

• Please log in to reply

Layth

Layth

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi guys

I can recieve fine but when i try to send i get this error! Its my geekstogo hosting email address too if that helps to find the problem.

Thanks

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'hello', Account: 'Layth - The Lazy Lounge', Server: 'mail.thelazylounge.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

Advertisements

Boostman

Boostman

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Has this ever worked before or is this the first time using Outlook Express with this email?

This might be just that you have your outgoing mail server(SMTP) set wrong. This should be set to your ISP(INternet Service Provider) SMTP server address.

For example Medicom Cable SMTP server is mail.mchsi.com even though my school recommends to use their SMTP server on their setup page. This is due to most ISP's not allowing "relaying" through them to another SMTP server. Some ISP require you to use your login info as well to verify who you are when you send mail through them.

See if that works, if not get back to us.

Also you might find that an email client such as Thunderbird is more robust and functional then Outlook Express. This can be found at:
http://www.mozilla.o...ts/thunderbird/

Layth

Layth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
No this is the first time using this email addy on outlook express.

I tried with thunderbird and got more weird error messages, basically directing me to this site... http://dsbl.org/listing?82.32.18.87 perhaps the people at GTGhosting can help?

Layth

Boostman

Boostman

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I would suggest then to check you POP3 and SMTP server settings. You either have the SMTP server address wrong or your login information to auth. yourself is bad. Double check those settings and see what you find.

Post back your results.