Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need Help With Win32.P2P-Worm.Alcan.a [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Armodeluxe

Armodeluxe

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,744 posts
You'll get cookies as long as you use the internet, regardless of which browser you use..they are usually third party cookies which you can block..

In Firefox go to Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies

Click the small triangle next to cookies to expand that tab and put a check next to "for the originating website only". This will prevent third party cookies from being installed on your computer.

In IE go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy and click on Advanced in the Privacy tab

Now put a check next to "Override automatic cookie handling"

Set first party cookies to Accept and third party cookies to Block

Also put a check to "Always allow session cookies" OK your way out.

If you are using another browser, you will have to find the settings in that browser to block those third party cookies..also Spywareblaster blocks most known bad cookies in both Internet Explorer and Firefox..I had posted it in my prevention speech..you can find the link above in that post..it is a very small program so it wouldn't affect performance much..

Advertisements

Shadow_Fox

Shadow_Fox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Allright, thanks a lot. Now all i gotta do left is to wish another 512 ram for my birthday! :tazz:
Got to try stay away from supsicious files now..

Armodeluxe

Armodeluxe

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,744 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.