Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to retaing content.IE5 directory

• Please log in to reply

sanjayreddy

sanjayreddy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi ,

Unfortunately I have deleted the content.IE5 folder in '\temporary internet file folder'. I need to see it again in same location. Wt i have to do?

and also i could see 4 such content.IE5 folder in my pc, why are the 4 mend for?
and each has again 4 sub directories.....

suppose if i down load some file from web each time it is loaded in different content.IE5 sub-folder.
how can i judge, in which sub-folder it is going load.

Thanks,
Sanjay .

Advertisements

TestyTech

TestyTech

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Well I am not sure why you want to restore files deleted from the Temporary Internet Files folder when you download something from the web this is just scratch pad space, you tell IE a folder to download to when you start the download, IE then bufferes the file in temporary space then copies/moves it to the location you designated at the start. There is an amount of hard drive space set aside for Temporary Internet Files under IE and files are constantly removed from these temporary storage spaces as the is filled.

Depending on how you deleted a file from these folders various undelete applications could be used to recover them you can try buying a copy of Active File Recovery or research and find a free file recovery tool but the more you use your computer the less likely it will be that you will get anything back once it has been deleted.

The reason for the 4 folders I have not seen published anywhere....and would just chalk it upto being a Microsoft thing...