Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

98 deleting files?

• Please log in to reply

Dustinduse

Dustinduse

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
Two days ago i put my 98 on the internet to download updates from microsoft and i restarted it after that and all of my desktop icons, program files, and my Docs are gone and i dont know why i have spyware protection and virus protection so what happen?
Please help me!

Edited by Dustinduse, 17 October 2005 - 01:26 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Right click on your empty desktop, choose Properties, Effects, make sure the hide desktop icons box is unchecked and hit Apply. Let us know what happens.

Dustinduse

Dustinduse

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
i can put icons there just after restart they are gone lol i have my computer and my docs and inernet Explorer just short cut icons are being deleted

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello Dustinduse...

Open the "My Documents" folder and click "View" on the toolbar then choose "Folder Options". Under the "View" tab, make sure that "Show All Files" is selected. Click "Apply" then "Ok".

Click Start, point to Find then click Files or Folders and type shelliconCache and click "Find Now". If this file is present, delete it and reboot your machine.

Let us know if this helps...

wannabe1