Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Cannot see background

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi everyone, I am newbie at this site.

I had an adware/malware on my computer "trojan.popuper" that advertise on my desktop that my computer was infected. I purchase spyware doctor which seem to have quarantine the "trojan.popuper".
Before purchasing spyware doctor, I tried searching for the location and somehow, I think I may have deleted something I should not have. The desktop stop displaying the ad but is now blank white. I can still see my desktop icons but not the background.

Also, when I tried booting the computer in safemode. I can boot in safe mode until the log in screen comes up and I type my password. The password does not work for logging into safemode.

The same happen to my girlfriends computer. Except her computer still works in safemode.

My computer runs on Windows 2000 Professional and my girlfriends' computer runs on Windows XP.

Please help.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The Malware Team will deal with this

Please go here:

Malware Clean Up Procedure

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum

This is to check the malware has been removed successfully

If you try safe mode and it gives you a choice of administrator or user then choose administrator