Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Same IP Problem With Games

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

SirNight33

SirNight33

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Hi im having a problem playing a game with my bro happens on most games because we have a router with T1 and we have the same IP so if he gets disconnected so do i (i think the game kicks us out because of the ip issue) so how can me or him change are ip so its differnt but so we can still be on the same connection :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
computer ip? or router ip?

SirNight33

SirNight33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
uhh im guessing computer IP? im not sure cause we both get disconected at the same time

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
how are you guys connected to each other..you said you use a t1....wich....if youre at home is pretty cool...are you both in the same building?

SirNight33

SirNight33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
:tazz: lol yea.... we have T1 connected through are router but we have the same ip which gets us disconnected so how does one of us change are ips but still get internet?

UHh and if say i sign in on my email and i do "sign in automaticaly" if he goes to check his it signs in on mine

Edited by SirNight33, 18 October 2005 - 11:23 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
?....ok....let me try and figure out you set up here.....

you've got a T1 purchased for your home...
inside of this home you have a router
connected to this router you have 2 computers..

is this about right?

as far as the game playing problem....are you both trying to play the same online game? at the same time?

also....do start > run > ipconfig /all on both machines and report back the results...but omit the last digit of all ip addresses.

SirNight33

SirNight33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
yes your correct and heres a screen shot of it instead

http://img463.images...ipconfig8ue.png

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
is the last digit of the ip on both computers the same? or different?

(i don't htink this is gonna make a difference because the online game that you guys are playing...is probably seeing only the ip address of your router...which is how it's supposed to wrok....so...it's probably assuming you're trying to do some funny stuff....like cheating)

SirNight33

SirNight33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
there all the same accept for the top it ends with a 0 mine ends with a 1 we played it before with router but it wont let us do it now some times itll let us play for 8hours+ then we get disconnected bunch of times but this never happend before

Edited by SirNight33, 21 October 2005 - 07:34 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
hmm...an ip address should never end in a zero...that doesn't make sense......

get me a screen shot of both machine's ipconfig /all

SirNight33

SirNight33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
computer #1
http://img463.images...ipconfig8ue.png

computer#2
http://img484.images...ipconfig9za.jpg

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ok your ip's actually look fine (i'm assuming the one where you actually omited the last number...ends in something closer to 100..)
i think the issue is that the game server is onlly seeing the router's ip...which is how a router works....so...i think there's not gonna be a way for you guys to get around this...short of getting another internet connection...which would be silly..

SirNight33

SirNight33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
dam >,< ok well heres another question is it possible to disconnect someone useing a "packet flooding" tool? this game me and him play are full of hackers and i saw someone say $%&@#!* DC hackers and i asked how they doing it and they said a packet flooding tool? there such thing as this and how do i block it if so?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
there is such a thing....but i don't think we can help you with that...packet flooding is generally against the TOS (Terms of Service) of most game servers...and we can't help you with anything involving such violations.....i will check with the mods and see if we can help you since you want to block a packet flood...not cause one...so....sit tight.

SirNight33

SirNight33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
ok ty