Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer does not work after moving to new house

• Please log in to reply

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
If you still aren't getting any beeps with all the ram removed, then its almost certainly the motherboard thats faulty. I didn't realise you had acquired it second hand from Ebay!

As for getting another socket 370 board, what country do you live in?

Advertisements

PsyScott

PsyScott

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
The country stupid enough to re-elect george w. bush for a second term! =)

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

The country stupid enough to re-elect george w. bush for a second term! =)

Lol, you're not wrong there!

Unfortuately, not living in America myself, I can't recommend anywhere to buy reliable secondhand mobo's from.
Newegg have some new socket 370 boards but they start at around $45.
My only other suggestion is try ebay again but just make sure you select a seller who has a really high feedback rating.

PsyScott

PsyScott

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
yeah the feedback rating was around 98% i think, but that was also from over 20,000 feedback ratings, so that means a good handful of people couldve been completely ripped off, including myself. it took them 4 days to respond to my DOA email. and i shipped it back thursday and still havent heard anything from them, so we will see. thanks for all your help, though. after i get everything set up, i plan to try my hand at overclocking for the first time. i have 3 fans and a nice spacious case for airflow, so i think i have all the "extras" i need to pull that off. i suspect your forums will be able to help me with the rest.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Good luck with acquiring another board & let us know if you need any more assistance :tazz:

Samm