Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Adobe Photoshop

• Please log in to reply

Space-Man

Space-Man

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
Is it possible to get the clearest printout ever on Photoshop ? When i print stuff off from Photoshop, especially text, they seem to be a little fuzzy. Is their a way of getting these clearer ?

Edited by Space-Man, 17 October 2005 - 03:36 PM.

Advertisements

Space-Man

Space-Man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Come on guys some one must know.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
it depends on the printer, the image format, the scale of the image....if you resampled the image before enlarging it, what the resolution of the image is....etc...etc...etc

Space-Man

Space-Man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
First of all thanks for replying. Could you please go into detail about how i can make my Photshop image much clearer and less fuzzy.

Thanks

Boostman

Boostman

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
It might be better to explain the image you are starting off with, IE size, quality, etc. The original image has alot to do with end product.

Also is any resizing being down to this image, and if so how are you going about doing this?

Edited by Boostman, 18 October 2005 - 09:03 AM.

Space-Man

Space-Man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
It's mostly the text that i'm worried about, it's kinda fuzzy when i print it off.

Edited by Space-Man, 18 October 2005 - 09:34 AM.

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Text added to a bitmap image is never going to be as sharp as standalone text because it gets converted to a bitmap when you save it, whereas 'true' text is fully scaleable without losing sharpness. You may get an improvement by applying 'unsharp mask' in PS after you've finished editing/resizing. How much you apply depends on the pixel-depth (resolution) of the image so you'll need to experiment, and don't save your images with sharpness applied -- it should only be applied for printing purposes. If you oversharpen it and save it, it's much, much harder to undo the damage. Play it safe and work on a copy.

Edited by pip22, 19 October 2005 - 07:00 AM.