Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PCMCIA Card Problem

• Please log in to reply

chrisjs162216

chrisjs162216

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok, i'm getting annoyed now. When I boot up my computer, the login for ms networking appears. I log in, and the blue screen of death appears saying one of the two:

A fatal exception 06 has occurred at 0028:00000017. The current application will now be terminated.

*Press any key to terminate the current application.
*Press CTRL+ALT+DEL again to restart your computer. You will lose any unsaved information in all applications.
Press any key to continue_

OR

A fatal exception 0E at 0028:C02D57D8 in Vxd NDIS(04) + 0001221C. The current application will now be terminated.

*Press any key to terminate the current application.
*Press CTRL+ALT+DEL again to restart your computer. You will lose any unsaved information in all applications.
Press any key to continue_

After I press any key, the screen gets all messed up, like the screen in all 4 corners, "double vision" up and down, or it fades down to black or blu except for a vertical streak on the right. I have a couple picture of it if needed.

However, when I remove the card before booting, and log on to windows then insert the card it's fine. I can't use Spybot S&D because of "bad checksums" when updating (just installed, so no previous definitions were there,) and sometimes a blank error message (title is "Error", body is an x in the reed circle symbol, and the ok button. No text what-so-ever other than the title). Then, I click Ok, and it repeats until it freezes.

HJT log below:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:07:08 PM, on 10/17/05
Platform: Windows 98 Gold (Win9x 4.10.1998)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\BCMWLTRY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\PC MIGHTYMAX\PCMM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IRMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\AWS\WEATHERBUG\WEATHER.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM\AIM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY\SPYBOTSD.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://cgi.verizon.n....0&bm=ho_search
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://search.ieplugin.com/search.htm
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://cgi.verizon.n...=4.0&bm=ho_home
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://search.ieplugin.com/q.cgi?q=%s
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Belkin WLAN] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\bcmwltry.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMMRealtime] C:\Program Files\PC MightyMax\pcmm.exe /R
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IrMon] IrMon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\PROGRAM FILES\AWS\WEATHERBUG\WEATHER.EXE 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM\AIM.EXE
O16 - DPF: {7F8C8173-AD80-4807-AA75-5672F22B4582} (ICSScanner Class) -
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
I don't see any signs of malware, I think you have a hardware issue. Do you have another PCMCIA Card to see if you can duplicate the problem with it?

chrisjs162216

chrisjs162216

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I cleaned some other stuff up and can get on the internet now, wired of course, but my wireless card gives me an error, so I'll try a new driver.