Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Search Extender/Shopping WizardVirus

• Please log in to reply

Tommy11

Tommy11

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i've read all the threads i could read on the Spy Sheriff removal, in which i was able to remove. but i have more than that, i still cannot change my desktop background and there are 2 programs in my add/remove list entitled "Search Extender" and "Shopping Wizard". When i go to remove them a website tries to pop up. I am sure that it is just re-directing me to the virus. I let it run once after getting fed up and it wants me to download the unistall, in which i highly doubt will help me. Has anyone else experienced the same problem? I'm sure this is all derived from the new polywin32 virus because most of the affected files are "filenameexample32.exe" and even a few .dll's. please help! i've been working on my computer since friday night. i've ran numerous programs such as ewido, reg cleaner, norton, mcafee, pcpitstop and a bunch more! im so close to fixing my computer but still so far away. :tazz:

Advertisements