Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lockx.exe virus during my start-up

• Please log in to reply

tizzo

tizzo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently got an Instant Messege thru AOL that said something like (Iam so cool) w/ a hyperlink from a personal friend. I clicked on it and my norton Anti-Virus told me I just got a virus and it couldn't repair it. I updated all my definitions for two days with nothing helping and did full system scan with norton telling me no trace of it. I got in contact w/ my friend who told me they did the same and it sent it to everyone on his buddy list.

Today, I checked out your site as others were having similar ?'s regarding this same thing I believe is my virus during start-up. A screen pops up with desktop saying do you want to run Lockx.exe C:\Windows\system32 from an unknown publisher. I never run it and always press cancel.

Today, I also updated my Norton anti-virus defs. and it showed up under a full system scan as
Item: lockx.exe
Virus name: W32.Allim

Also,

Item: xz.bat
Virus name: Trojan Horse

Both say Repair failed and I don't know if I should quarantine them or get help from you.
I appreciate any advice and taking time to help me!
Tizzo

Advertisements