Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video files messed up

• Please log in to reply

S220289

S220289

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Some of the video files I have one my hard drive are scrunched to the top half of the application I am using to play them (realplayer, windows media player, quicktime, etc.) and the bottom half is a bluish color. Usually if I mouse over the video while it is in front of other windows multiple images of the video appear outside of the player and stay there until I bring up another window to get rid of them. This also seems to mess up my desktop background sometimes. Can anyone help me with this?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, what are your system specs. also you may need to update your codecs. http://free-codecs.com/ I use the klite codec basic package.

also update your video driver.

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Starjax,

What has been your experiences with the codec packs, the K-lite in particular? I have always been wary to install one of these all-in-one packs with worry of possible conflicts, but I have no basis for these opinions! :^)

Cheers,
Tom

ok, what are your system specs. also you may need to update your codecs. http://free-codecs.com/ I use the klite codec basic package.

also update your video driver.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
they work great!. have been using klite for a long time. the codec packs listed on the left side of free-codecs.com are the recomended ones. by intalling one of those you don't have to worry about what your watching. it should just work properly.

the only time I ever had an issue was primarily realted to my video driver. The only other thing that caused me any issues was a beta of nortona av that I was testing for work. Not really applicable here.