Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot Send/Recieve

• Please log in to reply

SuperGandhi

SuperGandhi

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Whenever i Send/Receive on my computer i get the following error message:

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of Memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.'

:tazz: :) :woot:

Needless to say there is no other program running. I am currently having to access email through a web browser and it's peeing me off no end!!!

Any clues????

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Under certain boundary conditions, the Exchange Server information store can return an RPC response to the client's RPC request, which informs the client that the buffer the client had originally set up for the request is of insufficient size. The server's RPC response indicates this with the "ropBufferTooSmall" string; it also indicates how large the buffer needs to be. This, in itself, is not a issue for the client, as the client typically sets up an appropriately sized buffer for the response and makes the request again. This typically succeeds.

The issue occurs when the information store fails to properly account for all buffers overhead when it calculates the actual buffer size that is required. Thus, the information store indicates in the response that the buffer required is larger that the maximum RPC buffer size allowed. When this is the case, MAPI or CDO applications can report "insufficient memory" type of errors.

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;241278

SuperGandhi

SuperGandhi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I'm not sure if this relates to my problem. Granted it appears to allude to the same difficulty, but i am not running Exchange 5.5.

I had read that this might be profile related......

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When you set the accounts up, did you specify pop3

SuperGandhi

SuperGandhi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
No. I specified Exchange Server. All our email accounts are held on the exchange server......

We run Exchange 2000

Edited by SuperGandhi, 18 October 2005 - 09:09 AM.

Boostman

Boostman

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
If you are using roaming profiles simply just make a backup of your current profile then login and a new profile folder should be created for you. If it fixes your problem then your idea of the profile causing it would be verified.

SuperGandhi

SuperGandhi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
unfortunately this too has been tried.

I read somewhere that it may have been caused by MAPI dll files?

I'm getting nowhere fast.

There doesn't appear to be any useful solutions when trying to google for this issue :tazz: