Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Problem

• Please log in to reply

WyldStallyyn

WyldStallyyn

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
When someone replies to me, the return note displays my email address in the To field. I'd like it to show my name there (for example, Bugs Bunny). I did this once, but forgot how. Can anyone tell me how to change it? Thanks!!! :tazz:

Edited by Keith, 18 October 2005 - 09:03 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you using plain outlook...or outlook express?

WyldStallyyn

WyldStallyyn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I'm using Outlook 2003.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://office.micros...1507601033.aspx i found this...but it's just for internet mail accounts....you may need to change it in your exchange settings...because..that should be controlled by exchange not outlook

WyldStallyyn

WyldStallyyn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I already tried that. It didn't work. Right now, it shows my email address. In the User Information field under Email Accounts, I have my name. I've been fighting this all morning, and I'm drawing a blank on it for some reason.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
in the active directory users and computers you can change your exchange properties under the exchange advanced tab...for simple display name.. that may do it

WyldStallyyn

WyldStallyyn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Good idea, but we don't use exchange (yeah, I know, it's hard to believe that there are people out there who use Outlook and don't use exchange, but we're one of the "lucky" ones - and I say that sarcastically). In any case, I think it's something simpler. I went into the contacts list on a hunch, and entered a contact name for myself with a long address format (e.g. Bugs Bunny <[email protected]>. Then i sent a note to myelf, addressed it simply as Bugs Bunny. Before it always changed it to [email protected] (the address), which was not what I wanted. This time it kept the name (Bugs Bunny). So I think it might simply be a matter of how the sender is addressing it and how they have my name in their contact list that is determining whether my name is showing up in the reply or my email address. That certainly was the case in the test note I sent to myself. All the other options determine how the name is displayed (middle name, no middle name, etc).

Edited by WyldStallyyn, 19 October 2005 - 07:09 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i believe you are correct...(and sorry for all that exchange mallarky....i seem to have 2 threads confused...)