Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

recommendations on what to upgrade

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
hi all, im currently looking at updating my computer but i really dont know where to start or what to buy. i dont want any major upheievals just to keep it up to date really. here are the specs if you can recommend anyways to upgrade it would be much appreciated.

Fujitsu Siemens GA-8I848PM
3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
80 GB harddrive
dvd drive and dvd re-writer
1st dimm slot 256 Megabytes
2nd dimm slot empty

thanks, dan

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
More memory.

And possibly a newer graphics card if you're into games.

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Stress on memory, highest grade your compuer can hold- max get Pc3200 unless you do video editing and such... umm maybe a sata harddrive if your interested or a bigger harddrive

You could add fan controls if your computer is really noisy and such- good luck

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
For sure memory, but if you want to increase your HDD just add another drive as slave, don't replace the one you have. If you do editing you can read from one drive and write to the other one. Much better speed wise.