Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

GEEKS OUTDOOR EXERCISE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Kristy

Kristy

Visiting Consultant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
I am cross country/track runner, so I run anywhere from 1-8 miles each day except Sunday. I can run 3 miles in 22:51min., 2 miles in 13:03min., and a mile in 6:10min. I also play various sports when I can with friends and family.

~Kristy

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
My favorite outdoor exercise is water skiing buts its getting cold in my neck of the woods so i guess i will have to set in front of the computer till spring

Rick

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*
I like ATVing, but that's just seating on a chair moving real fast I guess. :tazz:

flowergirl

flowergirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Cloutz~Sure soccer practice counts....plus it is OUTDOORS. COOL!

Kristy~Yay, a girl here at GEEKS, there doesn't seem to be very many....
and you do get a lot of good fresh air while outside running...Good Job.

Doby
~Water skiing is great in the summer but now I am going to NAG you....
Just because Fall comes and then the freezing cold winter is NO EXCUSE not to put
on warm clothes and get outside and take a walk or go ice fishing or something....
You surely don't mean you will sit in front of the computer until it is warm enough
to water ski? :tazz:
Come on, put on your coat and take a brisk walk...you will be glad you did.

BillyBobJunior....Well at least you are out in the fresh air having FUN....
that is what I want here on this thread...

FOR PEOPLE TO GET OUTSIDE AND ENJOY NATURE.

Look up at the beautiful sky and clouds.
REMEMBER TO LOOK UP EVERYDAY.

Edited by flowergirl, 19 October 2005 - 05:33 AM.

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
I guess on occasion I do other physical activities. I'll often end up doing something with friends (i.e. last weekend we played ultimate frisbee)

masterj3000

wow... I can't believe I forgot. I'm in marching band. Now there's a workout. That keeps me pretty well in shape.

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
School >Home(PC) >barber > Home(PC) >Little Walking >Home(PC) >Deep Sleep

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
I suppose Ill give this a go.

This week has not been normal, but here is my normal afternoon after getting out of work in the fall.

I get home from work around 4ish. I have to check on the dogs in the kennel (currently 20). Then I walk 1 or 2 of them for training time for about 15 mins. After that I head to the farm and feed the beef cattle and the hogs. I carry anywhere from 10-15 bales of straw about 100 yrds to the pens and bed them, along with a few bales of hay and some pails of grain.

After I get all that done, I head into the swamp, get changed, get out my bow, then walk about a mile into the woods to my tree stand. I generally sit there anywhere from 1-2 hours depending on how fast I get my chores done and how fast it gets dark. Then I walk another mile out to the swamp where I get changed, put my stuff away, and go home for supper.

All in all, I have fairly busy evenings.

ScHwErV :tazz:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
a shameful flea hops hopefully unnoticed away form this thread

flowergirl

flowergirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Masterj3000 Marching band IS good exercise.

Dr. Gutstein Ummm, I know when you could squeeze in a nice walk or run.
There were THREE Home PC in your daily routine....Maybe eliminate one of these or at
least cut the time on the PC short so you could take a run around the block a couple times.
Okie Dokie D.G.?

ScHwErV You remind me exactly of my 17 and 18 year old farm boy grandsons.
You guys don't have to mess around lifting weights because living on a farm requires
lots and lots of lifting. They also deer hung...Actually my oldest grandson, got a Buck
with a bow last week end. (Shot gun season isn't in yet here.)

fleamailman Oh yeah, your absense will be NOTICED. You COULD run
several miles and post back here if you have any energy left? :)

What I think I would like to see with you 'young folks' and us 'older folks' is to get
outside and take a walk
JUST ANYTHING ACTUALLY THAT IS OUTSIDE IN THE FRESH AIR
and not wait til some special occassion.
Make everyday a SPECIAL day by getting fresh outdoor and exercise.
I PROMISE it will make you feel better than staying INSIDE. :tazz:

Edited by flowergirl, 19 October 2005 - 10:16 AM.

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
OK
I understand :tazz:

Advertisements

Antartic-Boy

Antartic-Boy

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,120 posts
Went out to buy some movie -> Came back home to watch the movie -> Went out to take a deeeep breath and walk around -> Sit on GTG and replay to "GEEKS OUTDOOR EXERCISE"

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Lets see today......

Ill go to starbucks for some tea on my way to school, ill come home from school and sit at my computer all night and watch TV. Since I have no school tomorrow, I will *probably* go to the pool and swim some laps before going to get my glasses fixed and then going to work.

I might go to the gym tonight, it all depends if my netflix movie arrives

PS - Ive lost 2 pounds since I started work 3 weeks ago =)

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

PS - Ive lost 2 pounds since I started work 3 weeks ago =)

That's the way to do it. That's awesome! Soon you'll turn that weight into muscle and you'll start gaining weight... :tazz:

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I my as well give it a shot.

I went out side and cleaned out the chicken coop, and put fresh straw in it. Then I decided that I did not like the rain that had started and went back in side, where I will stay all day because it looks like it is going to rain most of today. I do Judo twice a week INSIDE if that counts, I am a green belt.

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
I did a service project today with some friends. We went to an elderly ladies home and cleaned her yard and roof. We ended up with about 15-20 trash bags full of pine needles. I'm a little sratched up, but it was nice to help her out. I still can't believe she has so many pine needles in her yard... :tazz: