Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Couple of problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

GhostDJR

GhostDJR

• Pip
  • 7 posts
First off, the things that are wrong with my computer have messed it up so bad that the internet doesn't work. And I can't get into safemode to put anything on there that I could put onto a CD-R. First off, I'm positive that I have pokapoka76 on there. It's made its self present to me. There's something about caswnd coming up on my computer, I'm not sure what that means or what it's doing on my computer. Every now and then a blue screen pops up also. I forget what it says but something is not equal or less. It dumps physical memory then it restarts. It wasn't doing much but now it does it A LOT. I can't even get to my folders to try and delte anything. I think the only thing I can do now is put in the ol backup disk. IF I knew where it was. My father can't keep up with any of his stuff. He's a computer genius and knows computers inside and out and all he did was put Norton on it, which I personally hate. I need my computer for Photoshop, my forums, and coding. Basically my computer is worthless right now and I don't know what to do. Any help AT ALL is appreciated. And if this is in the wrong spot please move it instead of locking or deleting it.

Advertisements

Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,019 posts
Hi and welcome to GeeksToGo! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. :tazz:

Please visit this page and scroll down to Step 5. Follow the instructions there to download a tool called Hijackthis and post a log here as a reply to this post.

GhostDJR

GhostDJR

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I fixed it a while ago, but thanks. I was able to put elite toolbar remover on my comp with a floppy and then it worked enough for me to fix it the rest of the way. :tazz: