Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrade to XFX GeForce 6200?

• Please log in to reply

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Hi, i am looking for a budget video card to upgrade the pic in my signature. It needs to be agp 8x, and i would prefer nVidia. i was looking at a XFX GeForce 6200 from newegg.com, link here:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814150107

It has 256MB of DDR ram with a 128-bit interface. i'm not sure the clock speed or memory speed but i would assume the clock speed is at or above 300mhz, and at least 500mhz for the ram.

would this card be a good card for me? i intend to use Anim8or (a 3d animation program, www.anim8or.org), and play some games including (the whole % 0series), neverwinter nights, counter strike source, UT2004, and Age of empires 3. i know it would play and neverwinter nights at full quality. but would it be able to play UT2004, and counter strike at full quality and 1024x768? also what about age of empires 3, i cant try the demo, because the on board graphics i have dont suppourt hardware transform and lighting.

if you dont think this card can handle it can you suggest another card for less than $100, or is my case hopless and i need to save up more for a 6600gt i was also looking at for double the cost?

so thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

-thebinaryman

UPDATE: i decided to buy my friend's used fx5600xt instead for only 30 bucks, that will hold me over until i get a 6600gt

Edited by Thebinaryman, 21 October 2005 - 03:04 PM.

Advertisements