Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WINDOWS XP AND FLOPPY

• Please log in to reply

Zackbalth

Zackbalth

• Pip
  • 1 posts
WINDOWS XP AND FLOPPY

I have 1 winXP with all the updates and anti vrus and I have problem with the the floppy freezing ! ( or would you like to format etc... or this disk has no identities or something....) Rarely do I manage to save to a floppy and when I do it reads only on the same computer where it was saved.

I also have a win XP where no updates and no anti virus are installed and yet I still have the same problem.

I have tried to upgrade drivers, remove the floppy disk controler from the device manager and re-install but still no succes!
Has anyone found a solution to this problem ???? (yet the same diskettes work fine on my win 98 no matter where it was saved )

Desperate!!! :tazz:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Tried changing the drive? Go for peanuts these days, do floppies.

XP did have some teething troubles with some types of floppy drives in its earlier days but these were supposedly ironed with Service Pack 1.

Boostman

Boostman

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Not to knock floppies, but I would recommend to get yourself a USB Jumpdrive or start to get in the habit of emailing yourself your files.

I deal with students all day that have issues with their floppies and while sometimes we can recover the documents off the disk, more and more we are not.

Just thought I would share this with you, even though you probably already know this, but I hate to see people lose info on a floppy.

As for the floppy drives they are cheap.

$7.99 Floppy

I know there are cheaper places out there, but I like NewEggs service.

Edited by Boostman, 19 October 2005 - 09:06 AM.