Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

outlook problems

• Please log in to reply

l'lbear

l'lbear

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I just successfully cleaned up vundo ...wooohooo...however in the process of trying to get rid of it I somehow messed up my outlook application. I still can recieve emails however there is no text within the mail itself. I backed up all the files and I'm wondering if I should just reinstall outlook or outlook express. I'm using the MSOFFICE 2003 suite.

Any help would be appreciated

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks To Go

I think some thing has got messed up when remove Vundo. Let try to see if we can fix it the easy way.

Start < run and type sfc /scannow this will give a blue bar when it goes reboot. This will need the Windows XP CD so have it in you computer before you start. This will repair all corrupt files.

l'lbear

l'lbear

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi I tried this but my outlook express still doesn't work. I tried to reinstall IE6 but after i d/l it from MS and try to run it. I get a message that i have a more current version installed and it stops there?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
using the download file you already have use the run command and add hte /Q switch

So, start > run

use the browse button to find the ie6setup file select it, and you will have this in your run line

"C:\Documents and Settings\gerry\Desktop\ie6setup.exe"

now add /Q

"C:\Documents and Settings\gerry\Desktop\ie6setup.exe" /Q

hit enter.

IE and outlook will reinstall (you will not lose your settings.)

BUT, you will need to run windows update.