Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

no sound and all most JPG's are just pixels

• Please log in to reply

Lamon

Lamon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am running a home built system with Windows ME. I know upgrade, well no money at the moment.

Anyway I have tried several different sound cards from different manufactures and can never get anythign to work. I can get it as far as when I go to control panel and to sound I can click to make a sound but then get a window stating something like:

"Your sound card is not responding" or" Your sound card is busy or being used by another program"

Also a large portion of my jpg's online show up as jsut pixels. I have gone to Microsoft and done their suggested dowloads to no help.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This beahviour usually happens because you either haven't got the drivers installed for the sound card OR you've got the wrong drivers installed.

Your sound cards should have come with a CD that contains the drivers. Shove it in and follow the instructions.

As for JPEGs - how do you mean "pixels"?

Edited by Neil Jones, 19 October 2005 - 01:04 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
is it just jpeg files? or are you using jpeg like we use the work coke here in the south...I.E. all image files to you are jpegs?

right click on my computer > manage > device manager

look for any yello ?