Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Thumbs & Pics Not Displaying

• Please log in to reply

Nails

Nails

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Similar to other posts, recently pictures on the Internet have not been displaying. Sometimes they work and other times not or one picture will show but the rest won't. Sometimes I can click on the thumbnail and display the image, other times the image won’t display. Sometimes if I refresh the image will display, other times not. I have IE version 6.0 SP2. I've already gone through the checklists prescribed by Microsoft (making sure the show pictures box is checked under Internet options, etc.) Is there anything else I can do??? This just started happening about a week ago. The only changes performed were recent Windows Update downloads. I am running McAfee Security Center. I’ve tried disabling McAfee Firewall Plus – However, it did not solve the problem. I also routinely run Spyware Blaster, Spybot and Ad-Aware SE as well as McAfee Virus Scan.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
does this only happen for IE? Have you tried other browsers such as Firefox? If so, you may have to repaire IE. Follow the sticky on the top of this forum.

Nails

Nails

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Per your suggestion I attempted using Firefox ver 1.0.7 for Windows. Same exact problem. It's also not web site specific. I've experienced same problem on multiple sites. Any other suggestions?