Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

my usb device malfunctioned/not recnized help

• Please log in to reply

mrhunta

mrhunta

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
my usb controller converter i have been useing for a wile but it stoped working to day for no reason and it ses this device has malfunctioned and isent reconized how do i fix this thanks

Advertisements

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
oo yea i tried all other usb ports on my computer ive tried tried restarting nothin works and ive tried the usb controller converture on other computer it works fine it just stoped working on my computer for some reson i ges and my usb ports still work with other computer controllers ive tested can some one plz :) :woot: thanks thanks :tazz:

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
after searching the net for 4 hours i found this but i have a new problem i do every thing it ses but when i get close to the end of the instructions wile in reg edit it tells me to go to detect folder i look and its not there under current version i can see fine and the folder just isent there can some one help me? heres the instructions i read i dont under stand this plz help :tazz: thanks :) : : : : Open REGEDIT.EXE. In the Registry under:

: : : : : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Detect

: : : : : is a DWORD by the name of ACPIOption, that contains the value 1.

: : : : : If not, create it.

: : : : : If you set the value to 2 and start the hardware-recognition, Windows should readjust everything on APM and Plug&Play-bios after the restart and recognize all hardware again.

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
am i posting in the rong fourm or dous no one crae to help me plz give me a f=reason for this if i broke the rules or any thing that made you guys mad and thats y you arnt helping me im sorry

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
this site has serousley started to suck im sorry but im moveing to a other site for help i dont think ile ever be comeing back iiight im out see ya probly never agein

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
you didn't break the rules...i just think you got over looked...

so..is it that you just don't understand that last bit of instruction? or can you not find the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Detect
key

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
well i go to the regedit32 then i go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder then i got to Software folder then i go to Microsoft folder then Windows folder then Current Version folder then im supost to go to dectect folder but its not there so im lost wheres the detect folder if its not under current version thats what i dont understand and if i dont have a detect folder how do i fix this??? what realey makes me mad isent the site it is my usb device was working fine for weeks then it just stoped ounce i disconected it and ive disconected it maney times befor and it works on other computers just not this one witch dousent make much sence seeing how ive done nothing to mess up the usb configuration am i useing this path rong HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Detect
key can i put this in my regerstry and it will find the path automatically instead of me doing it manuley im kinda new with computers im out plz reply

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
im so glad people want me to awser qustions for no reason oo yea thanks for all the replys some people just dont give a shiit i ges.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
just as a reference....none of us here get payed to help you...we are all vollunteers....and...contrary to popular belief....we don't know everything....have you concidered the possibility that someone is doing research for you? or heaven forbid is at work...or spending time with your family?.....a little advice for your future.....if you're gonna ask for help.....don't be a jacka$$

aaBillW

aaBillW

• Pip
  • 1 posts
No Solution to this? I think I have a similar problem.

BUTT I think mines simpler than that, . . .maybe
I'll admit I'm pretty dum about computers but I loive what they can do.

Can Ya Help?
I have this USB Mass Storage Device that my computer will not find.

Let Me Clarify That - I DO NOT get the error "device not found" it just never shows up on My Computer or when I right-click 'explore' from the start drive.

At first I thought it was the hard drive in my device because my computer was not recognising it when I plugged it in. ..everything else starts up autmomatically when I port in with a usb line!?

I replaced the hard drive in the device but still no access to it.

Anyone have any thoughts on how/where to find a solution to problem like this?

Any Help Is Always Appreciated!

-Bill

thepiper

thepiper

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
hello!
USB Mass storage? Go to BIOS and enable "support for USB legacy device" or the like. I'm sure that will fix it.

You might be interested in my problem too. I am resolving it w/ this nice guy called Jack123.
Please go to my thread. I hope we all find it helpful if we share our common problems.

http://www.geekstogo...=ST&f=9&t=64377

Edited by thepiper, 02 November 2005 - 04:37 AM.