Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nasty Trojan on XP - Downloader Agent.5.P

• Please log in to reply

madkins1868

madkins1868

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Folks,

I've got a nasty trojan horse on my XP machine. I was running Adaware, Spybot etc. My wife decided to reboot the machine one day while I was at work. Came home and can't even boot into Windows anymore. No Safe Mode. Nada. I was able to get into Safe Mode w/ Command Prompt 2 times and got some important files off the machine. I also used my XP disks to get to the Recovery Console. I saw another site where I was told to delete calsp.dll. This worked for about 5 minutes - I could use Safe Mode w/Command Prompt again temporarily.

Now, I can't do anything. I can't boot regular, safe mode...anything. I just want to get some files of the machine and wipe it. Anyone have any ideas?

Madkins1868

Advertisements

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi madkins1868

Please download this XP-BOOT Disk it will by-pass the hard disk boot up

http://www.answersth...p_boot_disk.exe

Kc :tazz: