Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless mouse disconnects continuously

• Please log in to reply

sheenae

sheenae

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have a Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard set. Today, my mouse started losing the connection to the receiver sporadically; sometimes every 30-60 seconds, sometimes every five minutes or so.

I tried resetting the connections to both the mouse and the keyboard following the Logitech instructions, but the mouse connection was lost after five minutes or so. I found that if I just press the "connect" button on the mouse (without pressing the button on the receiver), it will re-connect the mouse for another 30-60 seconds.

The keyboard is still working fine. I've had the mouse and keyboard for three months with no previous problems.

In case this is related in any way: My computer recently crashed in a big way and I had to reformat the hard drive.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi sheenae!

What I recommend you do is download, and install, the newest software for your wireless mouse. If you need help finding the drivers for it, please post the model of your mouse and I can help you find it.

I would also suggest that you check the position of the receiver for your mouse, making sure it's not too close to your monitor or any other magnetically charged equipment, like speakers, because this can cause problems with the signal from your mouse to the receiver.

Fenor

sheenae

sheenae

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I'm using the Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse that came with a keyboard in the Logitech Cordless Desktop set. It's the black mouse that requires frequent battery changing. The back of the mouse gives M/N: M-RR95.

Thanks for your help.